Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Career Aspirations

"Hey, Mommy, do you know what?"

We were eating dinner and Liam was prattling away as usual.

"What, sweetie?"

"When I grow up, I'm going to be a rock star.  And the name of my band is going to be The Banana Team.  I'll have a guitar shaped like a banana and my hair will look like a spiderweb."

I started to grin.  This was just too good.  I got up from the table, grabbed a pad of paper from the kitchen and started jotting it all down.  I didn't want to forget exactly how he said it.

"And do you know what else, Mama?"

"What's that?" I said, trying not to grin like a fool because of how amusing I found all this.

"Our first song is going to be called 'Banana Peel When You Eat Them It's So Yummy.'  It's going to be super fun."

Sweet fancy Moses, (as my friend Jennifer would say) that was just about the best dinner table conversation I've had in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment