Monday, March 28, 2011

Diet: Week One

A complete and resounding success.  I lost three pounds.  THREE!

I love the way that Weight Watchers has revamped the Points program.  Letting me eat fruits and vegetables for free makes my life SO. MUCH. EASIER.  On the old program, it was really hard for me to get in all my daily servings of fruits and vegetables.  I almost never did - especially given that I had such a low number of points per day to start with.

Now, I find that I'm getting all 5 servings almost every day and it's easy to do.  Want a low points meal?  Have a serving a protein (whatever your choice) and then load up on fruits.  On more than one occasion this week I had an egg and cheese wrap with sides of apple and strawberries.  Huge amount of food and reasonable points.

I'm also drinking TONS more water than I did in the past - even when I was trying to drink more water.  I stopped drinking soda and it was so easy it was like turning off a light switch.  Why couldn't I have done that before?  Now I drink water and one cup of coffee in the morning.  That's it.

The biggest shock, aside from the number on the scale this morning, is how easy it has been.  I tried and tried for two years and had no success.  I was so frustrated and so angry at myself that I couldn't just buckle down and do it, already.  It's not like I don't know what I'm supposed to do or how.  I will never, ever understand why signing up for Weight Watchers and following their program works when doing it on my own didn't.  The changes I made weren't that hard or really that much different than what I was doing before.  Yet this week I lost.

My short term goal is to lose 10 lbs. before I go to Texas in mid-May.  I have a long term goal as well.  But for the moment, that's what I want to do.  I have six weeks to do it.  If I can keep this up, I should make it.

Week Two, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment