Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Camera Practice

On Saturday night, Scot and I went to the opening of the Spring Flower Show at Phipps.  With the weather refusing to be at all like spring, I was really looking forward to wandering around in warm temps and surrounded by pretty flowers.

I was also hoping to get some practice in with my camera.  I wanted to play with the macro settings on the camera and see what they could do for me.  I know I'm going to have to jump into full manual mode if I want to have super awesome shots but I'm not there yet.  For now, I'm still getting used to the camera and all it can do it.  I haven't even managed to plow through the whole manual yet (I'm about halfway there.)

But, despite my shortcomings as a photographer, I got a few shots that I liked.

I've always loved grape hyacinths. 

I had never seen hyacinths this color before.

 I can't remember the name of this one but I love it.

The 1/4 of me that is Dutch adores all the pretty red tulips.


That last one isn't a macro shot, of course,  but I liked it so much it's now my desktop.  When I wake up in the morning and it's 17 degrees outside and it struggles all day just to hit 40 degrees, that picture filled with bright spring color makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment