Sunday, November 14, 2010

School Pictures

When I was a kid school pictures were such a stressful time.  I remember thinking that I had to get it just right or I was going to end up with a horrible picture and be the butt of everyone's jokes - even more so than usual.  I remember sitting down with the photographer and having just a single click of the camera to get it right.  It felt like so much pressure.

Back in September, Liam had picture day at school and it happened to fall on a day when Jamie was in daycare so I was able to volunteer to help out.  Watching the photographer work with the kids was so different than what I remember.  Digital cameras are a wonder because instead of having just a single frame of film to get it right, the photographer took 3 or 4 shots of each child.  He'd have them smile, he'd have them make a silly face (and take a picture of it), and while they were giggling, he'd get another shot or two of something more natural.  He was quick and efficient but still managed to get a few options.

I have been waiting and waiting for the pictures to come in and I have been eaten alive with curiosity as to how they would turn out.  They finally came home from school this week and the verdict is they came out fantastic.  It was so much better than I remember any of my school photos looking.

So, here's Spud, in all his kindergarten glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment