I'm glad it was better than he was anticipating it would be but I would have preferred to keep my sleep. I did point out to him that next year he didn't have to be so scared.
Unfortunately, the kids then proceeded to spend the next 36 hours doing their very best to be their very worst. I am honestly amazed that I did not spend those 36 hours screaming my fool head off at them. Slowly, oh so slowly, I am learning patience.
2. I raked up 20 bags of leaves this weekend. TWENTY. I have completed about half of the front yard. I haven't even touched the back patio yet. I hurt all over and my hands are covered in blisters. I HATE RAKING LEAVES. I detest it. I abhor it. I loathe it. I despise it. It is an abomination. I am sure that the total number of bags I will rake will be 666 for this chore is The Beast and that is his number.
In other words, it is evil.
3. I made apple pie today. Homemade crust, northern spy apples - the whole shebang. Om nom nom.
4. Jamie believes in safety first.
5. Pittsburgh has its own lexicon. After living here for 10 years, I am still learning new and interesting jargon. Just this week I learned about "dippy eggs." (That's over easy to the rest of us.) Well, I ran across this at a local Dunkin' Donuts this week and, well, only in Pittsburgh would someone do this:
Wet Slippy Floor"
6. It bears repeating: Raking leaves is the devil's chore.
7. I'm going to go eat pie now.