Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning we had a lovely brunch at home with Scot's parents.  Earlier this week, we tried to find a restaurant to go to but in our procrastinatory way, we were too late and every place was booked.  We decided to just do it at our house.

And it was yummy.  French toast; egg, bacon, and cheese casserole; fresh fruit salad; more bacon; coffee; mimosas; donuts; and pastry.

Yeah, I don't need to eat for the next week.  It was worth it though.

Then the kids wanted to go outside to play and I just wanted to get a picture of me with my boys.  Once again, Jamie was having none of that nonsense.  Camera?  Pshaw.  Take your stinking camera away, Mother.  So, I had to get pictures with them separately.


With Jamie, I had to photo bomb him or there was going to be hands over the eyes and crying.  These were the best we got.




Jamie is still making a face.

Later on, I got a couple of good ones of the boys playing together.



As for gifts, I got cards and a very special creation from Liam.  First the card, which Liam picked out.




And now for the pièce de résistance made especially for me by Liam during his art class at school.

He calls it a 'pinch pot.'


He made it, glazed it, the teacher fired it, and it's my very first piece of made-for-me-by-my-kid pottery. I love it.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment