Monday, April 4, 2011

Diet: Week Two

More success!  I lost another pound.

I probably could have lost more this week if I had done two things:  made better food choices and exercised a bit more.

On the food front, I stayed within my points allowance but I did it with things like donuts and Burger King and pizza. Not every single day - ha! NO.  But I would have been better off if I had just said no to those items.  I still ate lots of fruit and drank lots of water and made an effort to snack on healthy things.  So, I just need to focus in on some of my poorer choices and make different ones.

On the exercise front, I could have done so much better.  I generally don't count the housework I do every day because my body is used to that.  I only count it if there's a lot of it or it's strenuous.  For example, yesterday I rearranged both boys' rooms.  I broke down Jamie's crib and put it away and then I completely changed the furniture placement in Liam's room.  That was WORK because those bunk beds are heavy.  So, I counted that activity as exercise because, well, it was.  But I think if I had made it a habit to do something like run stairs in the house for 15 min every day during Jamie's nap I might have done a bit better.  I'm going to try and work on that this week since I've got the plan down pretty well at this point.

Still, I did lose another pound.  Could I have lost more?  Sure.  But the point is to lose in the first place - something I haven't been able to do very easily.  I'm going to keep that success firmly in mind and build on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment