Friday, August 20, 2010

One Week

In one week, there will be a kindergarten student living in this house.

It seems like just a few weeks ago that we moved into this house with Liam as a 2.5 year old.  I feel like we've only scratched the surface of really settling into caring for our house and yet, here it is, three years later and Liam is starting school.  Time really does go by quickly.

Liam is excited.  I don't know how he could be anything but.  He's been talking about going to kindergarten for almost a year and a half now.  He's so very ready to be a big kid and ride the bus and have a backpack and learn all kind of great things.

We had a little welcome reception at the school the other night for the incoming kindergarten class and I could tell that it made Liam that much more excited.  He got to meet the other kids and run around on the playground with them.  We also got to see his classroom and meet the principal.  When we came home that night, Liam asked me if school were starting the next day and I could tell he was a little disappointed when I said it wasn't.

So now he has me counting down the days until kindergarten starts.  I'm so proud of what a great kid he is and I know he's going to do just fine.  I hope he loves learning and loves school for many, many years to come.

That first day of school, I'm going to be waiting for him at the bus stop and I can't wait to hear all about his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment