Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shrinking

Last night was weigh-in night at Weight Watchers.  I wasn't sure what I was going to see when I stepped on the scale because I had a bit of a rough spot in the middle of the week.  I had two days in a row where I was fighting the constant urge to devour everything in sight.  I didn't fall completely off the wagon but I didn't do my very best either.

But after those two days, I climbed back up, dusted my willpower off, and started again.  I had three days until weigh in and I had to make those three days count.

And make them count, I did.  I lost 2.2 pounds this week.

That makes a total of 11.3 pounds since I started doing this with the online program and a full 8 pounds since I started back to meetings two weeks ago.

My pants fit so much better.  I'm almost completely into a smaller size at this point.  I still wear the larger size when I'm feeling frumpy or lazy and want comfort over style.  But that larger size is pretty loose now and getting progressively more so.

I'm trying not to look too far ahead of myself at this point.  I know what I WANT to be able to wear come fall but I don't want to think very hard about it because if I don't get there, I don't want to disappoint myself.  I just want to be happy with my current success and build on that.

But it's awfully nice not to feel so disgusting when I'm at the pool with my kids.  It might not show to other people but I can tell I look different and that difference gives me confidence.  Vive le différence!

No comments:

Post a Comment