Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tree Meets Driveway

I got an unexpected call from my neighbor last night, as we were in the midst of a rather fierce summer storm.

"You don't have anywhere to go tonight, do you?" she asked.

"Well, actually, I do, I have to take Liam to karate in a few minutes," I replied.

"Shit.  Two of my trees came down in the storm and blocked your driveway."

She wasn't kidding.


Hmmm.

She offered to let me borrow her car long enough to take Liam to his class - which was very kind of her.  When we got home from karate, our neighbor to the other side had showed up with his chainsaw and was working away chopping up those trees.  Because he is made of pure awesome, he kept working long enough to completely clear our driveway so we could get out this morning.  It's so nice to have helpful neighbors!

I made him an apple pie today in thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment