Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anyone Have a Caffeine Patch (x 100)?

*blink blink*

I want to tell you about why I'm so tired and I'm staring at the blank computer screen while my brain attempts to produce words.  I could be here awhile...

Ok, well, I'll take a stab at this but forgive my possible incoherency.

Tired does not begin to describe it.  Jamie is still working on the same teeth he's been working on for weeks and he is absolutely miserable.  We're taking non-stop piercing shrieks of displeasure here.  I feel bad for the poor kid 'cause it's not his fault but it's really starting to fray my patience.  He's also not sleeping very well because of the pain so we're both overtired.  I'm hoping that we can get the go ahead to increase his ibuprofen dose when he has his check-up next week.

His transition to daycare is painful.  We will eventually get through it so I know this won't keep up forever but he's having a rough time.  New schedule, new people, less sleep, blah blah blah.  He ends up pretty fried after two days there and so we spend a couple of days trying to get him back on track afterward.  He's adaptable.  He'll figure it out.  In the meantime, we suffer.

Scot spent most of the week with a debilitating migraine (complete with vertigo) and finally ended up in ER last night.  They were able to break it - yay! - and he's sleeping in this morning after not getting home until the wee hours.  I hope hope hope that the pain stays away for awhile.  But he's been so knocked down by the migraine that he hasn't been able to do much to help with the kids - not that he doesn't want to -  and again, I need Vivarin.

Liam is doing pretty well but he's on summer vacation so he's a happy camper.  :)

In the end, I know that "this too, shall pass" I'm just really, really tired right now and need some sleep.  I'm hoping for a cat nap later today.  *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

  1. No caffeine patches but I'll be happy to send along some freshly ground home brew. Made it for the Fahnz today and I swear he hasn't blinked in the last 58 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hit Starbucks while on the pharmacy run for Scot and got a Venti Chai - the caffeine in that + my morning cup of coffee has sufficed to make my eyelids sit at half-mast instead of needing toothpicks to prop them up.

    ReplyDelete