Saturday, January 23, 2010

Notes From The Playground

It was a semi-decent day here today as far as the weather was concerned and Liam was going stir-crazy in the house so I took him to the local park so he could run his beans out on the play equipment. Obviously I was not the only parent to think of doing this so while the place wasn't overrun there were other kids there, too.

It's always amusing to people watch in these sorts of situations and today I came away with two gems.

First, Liam was going down some slides over and over as he usually does and I'm always careful to make sure he goes down the slide, circles to the stairs, and comes back up the stairs so he can go down the slide again. Another bunch of kids came over and started climbing up the slides Liam had been using while their Mom sort of sauntered after them. When Liam came to the top of the slides I said "Honey, you're going to have to wait a second because these kids are coming up the wrong way."

What does the Mom do?

Kicks her kids off the slides by saying "Kids, let's go over here. I don't want you playing around people like that."

Ooo-kay then.

The second thing I saw was a little girl, who could not have been more than 6 years old, wearing enough blue eyeshadow to put a drag queen in Vegas to shame. I wish I could have snapped a picture but it would have been way too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment