Monday, January 11, 2010

A Date With My Little Man

I had a date the other day.

For the first time in almost a year, I got to go out and spend time alone with Liam. Until now I’ve been tied to Jamie via his feeding schedule and because I wasn’t regularly pumping, I pretty much couldn’t miss a feeding without serious advance planning. But, we started the weaning process last week and while I am still spending quality time with the pump, Jamie’s getting bottles during the day and I’m not a necessary component to his schedule.

So, on Sunday, Liam and I left Scot home with the baby and went to see The Princess and The Frog. We got popcorn to share and sat through the movie together enjoying the story and the music. We had a great time. Afterward we stopped at Barnes and Noble and read a few books together before choosing one to take home with us. When we got home most of the neighbors were out sledding so Liam and I suited up and headed out to play in the snow for a bit.

It was great. I haven’t had a chance to spend that kind of one on one time with Liam in forever. We had a fabulous time together. I had forgotten how easy it is to be out and about with my kid when I’m not hauling the baby around, too.

It was a great date. We’re going to have to do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment