Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An Update On The Diet Thing

It's been a couple of weeks since I talked about this and for those of you following along at home I thought I'd give you a quick update.

Two weeks ago I did a mid-day strafing run weigh in because we had dinner plans with friends and I couldn't make it to my regular meeting.  It had not been my best week and I was stressed with trying to prepare for our trip to boot.  I was hoping to just hold steady.  I gained 0.4 lbs.  I saw it as a victory because it could have been more.

Last week I missed meeting and weigh in altogether because we arrived home from vacation just hours before meeting time and shortly after I got everything unpacked from the car, I managed to smash my bumper into the garage.  Needless to say (but I'm going to anyway), I was not having a fabulous night and choose a high potency stout over Weight Watchers.

This week I went back to my meeting.  I got back on track with my eating habits, got back to tracking (which I slacked on during vacation), and tried to whip my sorry butt into shape.

I lost the 0.4 lbs I had gained two weeks ago.

This may seem like the tiniest of victories but it's not.  For one, losing is losing not matter how much or how little.  For two, I gained weight in the week I was gone on vacation.  I tried to stay on track but the longer I was gone the more I veered off track.  I did avail myself of my parents treadmill on a couple of occasions but that couldn't possibly make up for the crappy way I was eating.  When I got home I was a couple of pounds above where I wanted to be.  So that 0.4 loss was more like 2 pounds.

Onward and downward (on the scale, that is)!

No comments:

Post a Comment