Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beachy Fun!

While we were visiting my parents last week, we made it a point to hit the beach.  You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beach where they live whereas it's a two hour drive to Erie to get to one around here.

So, yeah, the beach was on the list of must-do activities.

Sunday morning we got up and went to early Mass then headed straight home, changed into beach attire and headed off for a couple of hours of sun and sand before we had to go home for Jamie's nap.  Liam has been to a beach before but it was Jamie's first experience with it and he loved it.  The water was the perfect temperature as well as clear and clean.  Jamie ran right in and was completely fearless about the water.  The kid would have walked in over his head if we let him.

They also spent a good amount of time playing in the sand and just generally having a great time.

Getting a shell from Puppa

A handful of sand...

...bombs away!

THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED TOGETHER.

Puppa with his grandsons

We stayed for a couple of hours and then everyone was hungry and getting tired so we packed up and headed home.  I'd forgotten how much fun being at the lake can be.  Walking up to the beach, I caught the smell of the water and suddenly I was a little girl again, on vacation with my family, knowing that we were almost to the most fun I would have all day because I could smell the water.

It was great to make those memories with my kids.  I hope we can do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment