Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Scale Proceeds Downward

I had weigh-in tonight and I have lost yet another pound.  That makes a total of 15.7 since I started back to Weight Watchers.  It's actually a little shocking that I lost given that we were away for the weekend and I ate a number of yummy treats I should have kept my fingers out of.

Slowly but surely I'm sneaking up on a major milestone.  It's slower than I would like it to be and that's all down to me.  I should be exercising more.  I should cheat with the food less often.  I try to focus on the fact that the number is still going down anyway.  But really, I'd like it to go down faster.

Despite my sneaking, I'm at a weight right now that I haven't seen since shortly after I gave birth to Jamie.  In the 6 weeks or so that I shed pounds like a fiend after his birth, it was right around where I am now that I stalled out.  Then, I started inching back up ultimately putting on 15 pounds.  So, that number I see on the scale now is a number I haven't seen in about 2.5 years.

It may be slow, but it's a victory nonetheless.  I'm wearing jeans I couldn't even get over my overly-large-ass last fall.  I squeezed into the smallest size shorts I own.  I can't wear them out and I look like 8 lbs of sausage in a 5 lb bag but, by God, I got those suckers buttoned.  I couldn't even get one thigh in them last summer.

This week, I'm going to try to be really diligent abut tracking and increase my exercise.  I'm going to lose that last 15 pounds if it kills me!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were doing WW too! That's awesome! And congrats on your victory! I can only imagine how that feels, but hopefully I'll get there soon enough.

    Have you seen the iPhone/Android ap where you can scan the barcode of what you're about to eat and it tells you how many points are in it?? SO awesome. Just got it this morning.

    ReplyDelete