Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Return of Kipperbuckles

On a snowy 1st of December morning...


Kipperbuckles returned to our lives.
When we came downstairs this morning, I pointed him out to Liam and he got a look of excitement and wonder on his face.  "He's sitting on the gargoyle!" 

[runs to find his Dad]

"Daddy!  Kipperbuckles is back and he's sitting on the gargoyle!"

[comes running back to me]

"I didn't know he was coming today!"

WIN.  I wasn't sure how he was going to take it this year and I was half afraid he would be completely underwhelmed and see straight through our little gambit.  But no, Christmas wonder is alive and well and living on our mantlepiece.  I'm hoping that having Kipperbuckles around will help him toe the line as we approach the holidays.  I'm figuring we'll be good for about 3 weeks but that last week before Christmas ought to be . . . interesting.

We went out this morning to do the weekly grocery shopping and when we came home and were pulling in the driveway Liam piped up from the back seat, "Mommy, I miss Kipperbuckles."  My kid is super awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment