Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Return of Kipperbuckles, Part Deux

"Mommy?  When I get home from school today can you tell me if Jamie was good or bad?"

"Yes," I replied, "But why?"

"I want to know if Jamie was bad in front of Kipperbuckles."

Oh dear.  I had a feeling I knew where this was headed.  The last thing I wanted was Liam turning into more of a tiny police officer because he didn't want his brother to screw up his chance at good loot from Santa.

I explained to Liam that Jamie's behavior has no bearing on whether or not he got presents from Santa.  As long as he behaved, he would get stuff.  I asked him if that was what he was worried about.  My fears proved to be unfounded.

"No, I'm not worried about any of that stuff but I don't want Jamie to be without presents if we all get them."

[melt]

I explained that Santa didn't expect the same kind of behavior out of Jamie that he expects out of Liam because Liam is 5 and Jamie isn't.  That being good for Jamie isn't about picking up his toys or not being rude because we're still trying to teach Jamie all of that.

"Oh good," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment