Monday, February 15, 2010

A Roundup of Liam Quips

Lately I've had a running list of all the things that Liam has said that I want to blog about. They're all fairly short to explain and I decided to gather them all up into one post.

1. We got Liam a Nintendo DSi for his birthday. This was his big gift from us. Ever since then he's been spending as much time as we'll allow playing the games he has and trying to get better at it. He's learning incredibly quickly. A few days ago he was sitting with Scot after dinner and working on a part of a game (Star Wars, naturally) that he was having some trouble with. Scot was helping him work through it and I was running around doing various chores. As I passed the room they were sitting in I heard Liam say:

"I'm much better than Mommy."

Ha! Too right, kid!

2. We were watching Star Wars: Attack of the Clones the other day. He's only seen it a couple of times and yes, we skip the parts that are inappropriate for him. Anyway, the words that scroll up the screen at the beginning came on and I asked Liam if he needed me to read them to him. He gave me a look that said "what, are you some kind of dumbass, Mom?" and said "Mom, the music is telling us the words!"

Maybe it's just me, but I love that my kid sees a story when he hears music.

3. We've also been going through a rough patch with Liam when it comes to his behavior. I don't know what is going on with him but he's been a disrespectful little toerag a lot of the time lately. I feel like I spend a lot of my day doing nothing but disciplining him. On one of the more difficult days I've had with him recently he popped out with the following two gems:

"I don't love you, Mommy. I only love Daddy."
"I don't like this house. It's boring."

It's going to be a long year.

4. On yet another day while viewing yet another Star Wars movie, this time "The Phantom Menace", Liam finally solved a mystery he'd apparently been working on for awhile. At the end of the movie when Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul are fighting, there is music in the background that has a chorus singing various non-word syllables. Click here to see a clip.

Suddenly, in the middle of watching this battle scene Liam exclaimed "I finally figured out what they're singing!"

Scot and I looked at each other and wondered what was about to come out of his mouth next. We asked him "What do you think they're singing, sweetie?"

He sang, "Qui Gon! Darth Maul!"

Go ahead. Go view the clip. Come back and tell me the kid doesn't have a point.

5. Last, Liam looked at me out of the blue this morning and asked me, "Someday, would you like sell Jamie for 29 cents?"

I think he's trying to tell us something. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment