Friday, October 30, 2009

Ninja! Ninja Spud!

I don't know what it is about little kids but they can make more noise than a troop of howler monkeys. All day long Liam sounds like a herd of elephants as he traverses the house. He also likes to announce everything he does.

"Mommy! I have to potty!"

"Mommy! I pooped!" (My favorite. I have also been reliably informed that he announces this fact at daycare as well. *eye roll*)

"Mommy! Jamie's trying to get my Star Wars toys!"

And on and on and on. Don't even get me started on the fact that he can have a tantrum, be screaming his fool head off over nothing, and set Jamie to screaming in response. That's a special brand of fun.

And then bedtime rolls around and he gets tucked in and well all breathe a sigh of relief.

But God help you if he has to get out of bed for anything and come find you. The kid is like a super triple black belt ninja. On more than one occasion I've been sitting quietly in the family room either watching TV or spending too much time on the internet when suddenly there is a little person RIGHT THERE next to me. I nearly jump out of my skin.

Once, I got up out of my chair to go use the bathroom and there he was. I almost didn't have to use the bathroom after that.

It constantly amazes me how much noise he can create until darkness falls. Then he switches on his Ninja Senses and proceeds to scare the living daylights out of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment