Friday, September 24, 2010

Three Weeks Late, But Who's Counting?

I am officially a soccer Mom.

I'm not sure how I feel about this as I am most definitely NOT your typical surburban Mom.  I'm also not the type to scream at my kid from the sidelines when he messes up and try to tell him what to do.  I cheer him on when he's doing well and clap for all the hard work the teams do.  That seems the best way to me.

Liam, on the other hand, is loving it.  The rowdy parents and the over competitive kids go right over his head.  He's too worried about trying to kick the ball.  So, I say, good for him.

He's playing in a 6 and under league run through our township.  It's mixed boys and girls and it's really pretty informal.  They meet on Saturday mornings and have a practice for half an hour and then scrimmage with another team for half an hour.  They don't really keep score during the games and half the time the kids are trying to score in the wrong goal.  But it's all in good fun and again, Liam seems to like it.

So, here are some pictures from our first week at soccer.  That was only three weeks ago but I'm not lazy or anything.

Doing drills

You talkin' to me?

Chasing the ball at the back of the pack

Playing defense

He's in scoring position....GOOOOOOOAAAALLLL!

Clapping for big brother's goal

I'm not sure how long his love of soccer will last and I don't know what will happen when he gets old enough to have to choose between soccer and Tae Kwon-Do (because of scheduling issues).  For now, it's fun for him and his coach is great with the kids.  There's none of that "YOU LET THE TEAM DOWN!" business.  I know that sort of thing will come and I don't want to go there if at all possible.  So, I guess we'll just enjoy it while it lasts and see what happens later.

No comments:

Post a Comment