Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Miss You

Lately I've been missing my friends.  Old, new, in between - it doesn't matter.  I miss you.

I'm not sure why this has suddenly hit me.  It could be because my life seems to be settling back down into some semblance of normality.  Now that I'm not desperately trying to hold things together, I can let go of the intense focus on my own life and start to think about other people again.  Whatever the reason, I miss you.

Social media is great for connecting people and, quite frankly, I probably would have been locked up in a padded room somewhere years ago if it weren't for the contact with people that social media brings me.  My family and my friends are far flung - seeing each other in person is difficult and expensive.  But for all the ways that Twitter and Facebook and this blog bring people into my life and keep me connected, I still can't sit down on a random Tuesday with my best friend, a bottle of wine, and a good movie.  I miss that.

I know I'm not always the best friend to people - I tend to lose contact when my life explodes and I have to narrow my focus - and I wish I were better about that.  I'm thinking about you, though.  I'm always hoping you're doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment